Our History

Robin A. Wade, Sr. founded the R.A. Wade Company in 1932, and operated a stone quarry for Republic Steel Corporation's East Thomas plant. In the 1970s, the R.A. Wade Company merged into Wade Sand and Gravel Company, Inc. To this day, operations continue at the East Thomas quarry. In 1950, under the leadership of Robin A. Wade, Jr., Superior Products, Inc. was formed and continues producing at its Chilton County location. Red Bluff Sand and Gravel, LLC was formed from a joint venture with Lehigh Hanson in 2002. Red Bluff's operations are in Prattville.


2010 Wade Sand & Gravel | info@wadecompanies.com | Phone: (205) 324-6691 | Fax: (205) 323-4907